Train for a Triathlon
An introduction to triathlon, this course will cover the top tips to help you through your first triathlon and specifics to the London Triathlon too
The course is always run by a qualified NOWCA Coach and lasts for approximately 1.5 hours. It assumes that you can already have some experience in open water swimming.
We will cover the following with top tips for a triathlon:
- Entrance and exiting open water along with coaching points for your swim
- Wetsuit removal and Transition One
- Bike course and advise on mounting and dismounting
- Transition Two
- Run course
- Nutrition before, during and after event
- London triathlon specific course knowledge and advice for the day
NOWCA safety wristband must be worn during the session. This is the safety system we use at Londons Royal Docks. If you don’t have one – please register & purchase this here – You will be able to collect you band when you arrive for your course.
You will need to bring the following on the day.
- NOWCA safety wristband or collect on the day
- Wetsuit – Wetsuit Sales and Hire are available but please come 15 minutes early to sort this out before we start.
- Swim Cap must be worn to be seen in the water (we sell silicone caps that are great or latex ones if you don’t have one)
- Goggles – clear and tinted open water swimming goggles (we have these to purchase if you don’t have any)
- Bike, shoes, tri suit, helmet, drinking bottle
- Running shoes
- Anything you wish to use in the event on an individual basis
- Chaf-ease – anti chafing cream (we have these to purchase if you don’t have any)
- Anti-Fog (we have these to purchase if you don’t have any)
- A friend (you might like a bit of moral support and so it is not too late to drag your friend along)